The Advantages of Being a “BVS Recognized Club” in Bear Valley Include:
- Able to reserve amenities for events
- Able to hold fund-raisers & be exempt from “commercial use” status
How to Organize a BVS Recognized Club:
The BVSA Board of Directors must approve any new BVS sanctioned club. A representative from the proposed club should submit an “Agenda Request Form” and the "Application for Recognized Club Status”, along with all of the required documentation (see below) to the Board Secretary for placement on the agenda. The Board meeting is held on the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:00 PM at the Oak Tree Country Club (unless announced otherwise). The two forms can be picked up at the Association office, or they can be downloaded from this website. The Board Secretary will need the request and documentation (noted below) no later than the Monday prior to the Regular Board meeting date. A representative from your organization should attend the meeting to present the club’s purpose and answer any questions the Board may have.
Required Documentation & Requirements:
- List of the club officers and their titles
- Member roster (15 member minimum required) - include member tract/lot number
- Copy of the club’s Bylaws
- Proof of insurance (this only applies to a club that has physical activities or activities that may cause personal injury or property damage).
- Must be a tax exempt organization
- Group must consist solely of Association Members & their families
- Refer to BVSA Rules Article 18 for any other pertinent information
If you have any questions, please contact the Association Office at 661-821-5537.