Thinking of Buying in Bear Valley Springs?
Purchasing property in an HOA community like Bear Valley Springs (BVS) offers many advantages and benefits to property owners, but at the same time imposes some additional responsibilities on each property owner for the common benefit and enjoyment of all owners. There are many rules that all property owners should be aware of. The Environmental Control Committee’s primary purpose is to review and approve or disapprove plans and proposals to construct or alter improvements on lots within Bear Valley Springs. The basic rule of thumb: any changes or improvements to the outside of a property require prior approval by the Environmental Control Committee. If in doubt, please call and ask. The Association office has a friendly staff available to assist you with any questions you may have regarding the rules and the ECC approval process. (call 661-821-5537, ext. 210 or 211).
- There are rules governing parking and the storage of motor homes, boats, trailers and off road vehicles.
- Only exterior paints and other finishes of subtle earth-tone colors can be approved. For example, white is not an approvable color.
- All exterior lighting installations require written approval from the Environmental Control Committee (ECC).
- No mobile home, manufactured trailer may be used as a residence in BVS.
- Approval in writing is required regarding exterior design and colors, positioning of any improvement, grading or tree removal in BVS.
The Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions and other Association governing documents are not intended as an inconvenience for property owners, but rather as a means of enhancing, maintaining and preserving our beautiful community. Your realtor or escrow company should be able to provide you with a copy of these documents. Or, you can even go to the BVSA.org website, click on “resources” where you will find all of the governing documents. They can be downloaded from the website, or if you prefer, stop by the Association office and you will be provided with copies.
Again, if you have any questions please call the Bear Valley Springs Association office at 661-821-5537.
The Bear Valley Springs
Environmental Control Committee