Originally built in 1872, the Bear Valley School House provided an education for the families of Bear Valley. The school house was operated from 1872 until approximately 1900. The school house was used for multiple other educational purposes until it closed. After closing, the school house was moved from its original location, near what is now the fire station, to the Fickert family ranch to be used as a bunk house. After 50 years on the Fickert Ranch it was moved to its present-day location behind the Bear Valley Market when Dart Industries began developing Bear Valley Springs. Inside the school house, visitors will find a plethora of information, not just about the history of the school, but also the families of Bear Valley and information about Dart Industries.
* Note - Appointments to tour the school site are suspended until some structural upgrade are completed. At this moment there is no time frame for this work.